Thursday, June 10, 2010

we're all in this together~

Tonight, we had the rehearsal supper. Rehearsal went really well. The church is beautiful. Mom got the 2 readings she will be doing. And the words are so pretty!!! She's going to do a great job! :) One thing that I really love is how the priest said he likes to stand with his back facing the pews and have the bride, groom, and the bridal party facing everyone seated while the vows are being said, instead of the opposite way. I thought that was SOOOO neat!!! He practiced with Jessie and Greg, while we were up there. (I stand at the top with them. I felt tall. haha!) And it was great to look at our parents watching us.

I can't wait to watch MawMaw and PawPaw watch their little girl get married. I am so thankful that they will be there. PawPaw has alot of health problems and MawMaw has had her share of issues in the past year. But, I prayed that they would be well for the wedding since Jessie and Greg got engaged 16 months ago. Thank you, God!!! My PawPaw will be there, too. :) He's very excited! And I know that if my MawMaw could, she'd be there, too. She loved Jessie. And I know she's so excited that she's getting married. Actually, I'm pretty sure she'll be with me helping me walk down the aisle. Someone has to make sure I don't trip. haha!

The two ladies who will be helping us the day of the wedding asked me how I was related to Jessie. And Uncle Polie said we were cousins, but more like sisters. "They're joined at the hip," he said. "She's my niece, but like a daughter, too." That was so precious. :) The ladies thought it was so nice to see cousins that close.

After rehearsal, we went to Greg's parents' house for supper. The spaghetti was great!! We visited for awhile, then headed for home. Tomorrow, we get up early to go and decorate the hall. I'm excited about that!! I can't wait to see how everything looks all set up. It's going to be wonderful!! And then, Saturday is the BIG day!!!

So, the next time I post, I'll have TONS of pictures to upload and a new cousin --- another guy to add to the bunch! :)

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to believe it's all over. Actually it's just beginning. You did a wonderful job. Thank you so much for all you have done. Thank you for all of the help with the wedding. Thank you for putting up with me when I was a bridezilla. Thank for being the best MOH EVER! And thank you for being my best friend my entire life! Not many people can say they've had a best friend their entire lives, but I can and I know I'll always be able to! LYLAS!

    ReplyDelete